- “Applicant” means a person who has applied for a Card to GE Money.
- “Business Day” means a day on which the relevant office of GE Money specified in the Application Form or through which the Card is provided or such other office as may be notified by GE Money to the Card Member, is open for normal business transactions.
- “Card” shall mean the GE Money Card.
- “IPIN” means the Personal Identification Number allocated to the Card Member by GE Money or chosen by the Card Member/ GE Money from time to time, in relation to the Card.
- “Card Account” means the account opened in the name of the Card-Member and maintained by GE Money for the purpose of usage of the Card as per the terms and conditions contained herein.
- “Cash-Limit” means the maximum amount of cash or equivalent of cash as defined or prescribed by GE Money, that the Card Member can withdraw on his Card Account. Cash-Limit forms a subset of the Card Member's Credit-Limit determined in the sole discretion of GE Money.
- “Company” means a company as defined in the Companies Act, 1956, as amended from time to time.
- “Credit-Limit” means the total credit extended by GE Money to the Customer on the Card.
- “GE Money” shall mean GE Money Financial Services Ltd, its successors and permitted assigns.
- “GE Money 24-Hour Customer Care Centre” refers to GE Money - Phone Banking Service provided by GE Money to the Card Members.
- “Member” or “Cardholder” or “Card Member” or “Customer”, by whatever name called, means the Applicant to whom a Card bearing his name is issued and who holds such Card.
- “Minimum Amount Due” or “MAD” means the amount stated as such in the Statement.
- “Total Amount Due” or “TAD” means the amount stated as such in the Statement.
- “Payment Due Date” means the date every month, on which the payment in respect of the charges incurred by usage of the Card by the Card Member falls due as communicated through the Statement.
- “Primary Card Member” is the person in whose name the Card Account has been opened and to whom the Card has been issued.
- “RBI” means the Reserve Bank of India.
- “Statement” means the monthly statement of account sent by GE Money to a Card Member setting out the financial liabilities on that date, of the Primary Card Member to GE Money in respect of the Card Account.
- “Transaction Instruction” means any instruction given by a Card Member directly or indirectly to GE Money and / or through the GE Money 24-Hour Customer Care Centre or the Site to effect the transaction. Transaction Instruction would include, but not be limited to, a charge slip, a cash advance slip or an instruction sent electronically.
- “Terms and Conditions” mean the terms and conditions set out herein and / or as may be stipulated by GE Money from time to time, as amended.
In these Terms and Conditions, unless the contrary intention appears:
(a) a reference to :
an "authorisation" or “approval” includes an authorisation, consent, clearance, approval, permission, resolution, license, exemption, filing and registration;
“ law ” includes any constitution, statute, law, rule, regulation, ordinance, judgement, order, decree, authorisation, or any published, directive, guideline, requirement or governmental restriction having the force of law, or any determination by, or interpretation of any of the foregoing by, any judicial authority, whether in effect as of the date of signing/submission of the application form or thereafter and each as amended from time to time.
(b) the singular includes the plural (and vice versa);
(c) the headings in these Terms and Conditions are inserted for convenience of reference only and are to be ignored in construing and interpreting the loan terms;
(d) reference to the words “include” or “including” shall be construed without limitation;
(e) reference to a gender shall include references to the female and male genders;
(f) all approvals, permissions, consents or acceptance required from GE Money for any matter shall require the prior written approval, permission, consent or acceptance of GE Money;
- GE Money reserves the sole right to accept or reject the request to enable the e-application form without assigning any reason whatsoever. Also, the approval is subject to the authenticity of the information submitted by myself. I understand and accept that not all the products and services offered on this website are available in all geographic areas and that I may not be eligible for all the products or services offered by GE Money on this Site. GE Money reserves the right to determine the availability and eligibility for any product or service.
- GE Money shall not be held liable for any service charges or late payment charges debited to by any other bank or financial institution due to a decline or a delay in execution of your request at this site.
- It is hereby made clear that you should continue to make payments towards your other outstandings and to your bank credit card account until you receive the confirmation in their future statement that the amount has been credited.
- GE Money shall update the information and communicate the same to you regarding the processing fee, as applicable.
- The Card Member undertakes and authorises GE Money and its group companies to exchange, share or part with all the information, data or documents relating to his / her application to other GE Money Group Companies / banks / financial institutions / credit bureaus / agencies / regulatory authorities / statutory bodies / tax authorities / Central Information Bureaus / such other persons as GE Money and / or its Group Companies may deem necessary or appropriate as may be required for use or processing of the said information / data by such person/s or furnishing of the processed information / data / products thereof to other banks / financial institutions / credit providers / users registered with such persons and shall not hold GE Money and / or its Group Companies liable for use of this information.
In case the Card Member commits a default in payment or repayment of principal amount of any financial assistance / facilities / financial / credit facility or interest / charges due thereon, GE Money and / or the RBI will have an unqualified right to disclose or publish the details of the default and the name of the Card Member / or its directors / partners / supplementary Cardholders, as applicable, as defaulters in such manner and through such medium as GE Money or RBI in their absolute discretion may think fit. GE Money shall disclose information relating to credit history / repayment record and / or days past due status of the Card Member in terms of the Credit Information Companies (Regulation) Act, 2005 to a credit information bureau (specifically authorized by RBI) through Statements.
Acceptance of an application for a Card is based on no adverse reports of the Card Member's credit worthiness. GE Money may report to other banks or financial entities any delinquencies in the Card Account or withdrawal of the Card Member's credit facility through the Card or otherwise. Based on the receipt of adverse reports (relating to credit worthiness of the Card Member), GE Money may, after fifteen (15) days’ prior notice in writing, cancel the Card, whereupon the entire outstanding balance in the Card Account as well as any further charges incurred by use of the Card, though not yet billed to the Card Account, shall be immediately payable by the Card Member. GE Money shall not be obliged to disclose to the Card Member the name of the bank or financial entity from where it received or to which it disclosed information.
- GE Money alone shall have discretionary right to permanently or temporarily block the E-account of a Card holder and the same shall be presumed to have been done in the interest of the Customers of GE Money.
- Any misuse of this electronic media by the Customer shall make him/her liable to penal action.
- No information proprietary to GE Money shall be copied, photographed or printed from this site by any customer except for a legitimate purpose accepted and approved by GE Money.
- Service charges will be levied wherever applicable.